Expatriate Liaison (HR) (Japanese / English )
JOHNS CREEK GA US
JOHNS CREEK GA US
Direct Hire Position - Onsite - Johns Creek, GA plus up to 40% travel to Macon, GA Plants
Position Title: Expatriate Liaison Interpreter / Translator - English - Japanese
- Salary: 47K + Overtime - Non-Exempt
Select Branch Code: Clerical East of the MS 3126 for your resume sent to the correct recruiting team.
Join a growing Japanese construction materials manufacturer with their extensive projects for commercial properties exterior building materials. Supporting large building projects with the design reviews. Excellent team and leadership.
Position will be provide expert business translation between Japanese executives, their families and US based English speaking colleagues. Must be able to translate with precision and familiar with the business application for in person, virtual meetings, and written correspondence. Translation will also be needed in their manufacturing facilities in Macon as well as US Headquarters in Johns Creek, GA. Ability to travel and be effective in on a plant floor and boardroom.
POSITION SUMMARY: Serve as a liaison between Human Resource team and Ex-patriate team members and their families.
- Serve as point of contact within the HR department with Head Office and vendors assisting and processing expatriates to USA. HQ.
- Maintain list of current expatriates and schedule of new expatriate arrivals and departures.
- Ensure living arrangements for arriving expatriates and families in place prior to arrival.
- Support expatriates’ relocation to Georgia with personal banking arrangements, establishment of residential utilities, obtaining local drivers’ license and social security cards, registering children for school, and obtaining and registering a vehicle.
- Facilitate expatriate new hire on boarding.
- Provide suggestions for local available goods and services to newly arrived expatriate families.
- Schedule, accompany, and translate for family domestic issues such as, doctors’ appointments, school meetings, shopping, and postal service.
- Assist with bridging communication and cultural gaps between local and expatriate workforce.
- Prepare expatriates and families for permanent return to Japan with closing bank accounts, credit cards, utilities, etc.
- Provide additional administrative help to Human Resources Department.
- Provide both verbal and written translations for HR including announcements, policies, signs, instruction manuals etc.
- Travel up to 40% to Macon Facility for translation support as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluency in both English and Japanese.
- High school diploma level education. - BA Preferred
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Proven commitment to customer satisfaction
- Highly adaptable to work with individuals at all levels of the organization in many different types of environments and subject matters
- Proven schedule flexibility to be able to service expatriates and families with domestic issues
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately respect personal confidential issues