West Covina 3050
DUARTE CA US
DUARTE CA US
|West Covina 3050
SUMMARY: Mechanic A has responsibilities to maintain, troubleshoot and repair a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment in a processing environment. This position requires proficiency in multiple skill clusters, such as electrical controls, mechanical systems, welding, fabrication, and manufacturing processes. This person will perform low to medium level machine systems troubleshooting and repair and provide technical support for all phases of the operation. This work will be of average to considerable difficulty in the accomplishment of a variety of mechanical maintenance actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and hold others accountable.
- Must be able to successfully work alongside of and with other maintenance techs.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with the day-to-day leadership and management for maintenance employees within department.
- In absence of Maintenance Supervisor, will direct, instruct and provide feedback to employees including communicating any changes in policies or procedures as needed.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to ensure all new hires are trained properly and existing employees perform their jobs safely, correctly, and with the highest level of quality and ability.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to coordinate all new employee activities and training relative to shift.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to follow up with staff and on daily processes when and where assigned.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor in performing personnel administration for paperwork, planning, and work-flow analysis.
- In the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor, record employee hours, attendance, and notify the Maintenance Manager of any concerns.
- Performs all other tasks and responsibilities required of Maintenance Techs.
- Will assign additional work to each Maintenance Tech as needed for the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Supervises employees under the direction of the Supervisor and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
·Must be able to rebuild gearboxes, power drives, and centrifugal pumps and replace mechanical shaft seals.
·Must be able to install production equipment on elevated platforms.
·Must be able to weld Stainless Steel. Weld quality to be acceptable for food grade applications.
·Must be knowledgeable in liquid pumping principles and able to read pump flow curves.
·Must be able to repair/rebuild pneumatic hoists.
·Must be able to time automated equipment drives using vendors manuals and specifications.
·Must be knowledgeable in the operating principles of hydraulic systems and able to troubleshoot and repair their mechanical components.
·Must be knowledgeable in the operating principles of pneumatic waste system and able to troubleshoot and repair mechanical components.
·Must be knowledgeable in mechanical drive fundamentals, i.e., chain drive sprocket and gearbox ratios etc.
·Must be able to read piping diagrams and identify the function of various components for air and water distribution systems.
·Must be able to replace Slicer/cutter/dicer blade assemblies and perform the necessary adjustments.
·Must be able to replace automated equipment mechanical components.
·Must be proficient in the use of standard hand tools such as wrenches, hammers, bearing pullers etc.
·Must be proficient in the use of simple power tools such as drills, grinders, cut-off saws, impact wrenches, etc.
·Must be knowledgeable in cleaning and degreasing techniques.
·Must be knowledgeable in basic plumbing repairs & installation.
·Must be knowledgeable in programming Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's).
·Must be able to read electrical diagrams and identify individual components.
·Must be able to run electrical conduit and be knowledgeable of code requirements.
·Must be able to troubleshoot power distribution systems.
·Must have working knowledge of electrical testing equipment such as multimeter, megger, etc.
·Must be able to program simple production equipment such as metal detectors, spin dryers, etc.
·Must be able to troubleshoot systems up to 480 volts with complicated electrical controls and wire 3 phase motors.
FOOD SAFETY / QUALITY, FOOD SECURITY
·Enforces and adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and complies with Regulatory Requirements and SQF System.
·Supports Foreign Object Prevention Program
·Ensures compliance to product specifications.
·Reports food safety / quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
·Reports concerns / issues pertaining to food security to leadership staff.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form preferred.
·Able to read/write in English and communicate in Spanish.
·Able to work flexible hours and overtime as required by workload.
·Able to function in a team environment where continuous improvement is expected through communication and cooperation.
·Must be willing and able to contribute to and implement department programs, procedures and systems as needed.
·Must be able to qualify for forklift, and scissors lift driver’s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds utilizing the buddy system or specifically designed lifting devices.
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.