Dixon IL US
Dixon IL US
General Function: Responsible for operating slitting machine preparing product for shipment to customers.
- Promote and support behaviors consistent with our Safety Principles.
- Loading and unloading laminate reels on / off winders, running the machine and recording reel transactions.
- Closely monitor product quality, assuring first quality material shipped to customers.
- Responsible for the quality of the work: to know quality, service, and food safety requirements and to be able to meet them; follow agreed SOP’s. Control the outcome of the work and be capable of immediate corrective actions. Inform Team Leader of situations where normal SOP’s and adjustments do not bring the process outcome back into control
- Report machine breakdowns / faults, possible quality defects not marked in coating and other process disturbances to supervisor.
- Report process and or mechanical difficulties.
- Coordinate with supervisor and production planning to optimize the material / order flow.
- Assure adequate operating supplies and informing purchasing of any shortages.
- Other tasks as specified by the Quality Management System.
- Perform all duties in full compliance of all laws, safety and environmental regulations, and in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties consistent with the Roles and Responsibilities defined in the company’s OHS Standards and Guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to High School education and 1-2 years work experience in an industrial setting. Previous work experience in paper/paper converting industry or experience working with web-handling equipment desired. Previous Slitting / Finishing of pressure sensitive laminates preferred. Ability to work well within a team required. Must have well-developed problem solving skills, including the ability and willingness to apply a systematic approach to the process. Must be computer-literate. Basic mechanical knowledge is an advantage. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability understand and adhere to written work instructions.