Conyers GA US
Conyers GA US
We’re excited to be named SIA’s fastest-growing industrial staffing firm in the U.S. and a Best Staffing Firm to Work For! We take pride in the company culture we’ve built helping over 19,000 associates find great jobs with great companies.
Keep reading to learn more about our amazing company culture and these outstanding opportunities!
JOB TITLE: Production Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Production Manager or Site Manager
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of a team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established production specifications and schedules; volume, cost, and wastage targets; and quality standards.
- Monitor the volume and quality of output and adjust tasks, timing, equipment set-up, or inputs so that production specifications are met and resources are used efficiently. Supervise staff to ensure that all production tasks are performed, and all machines and equipment operated, safely.
- Manage the schedule and all personnel issues on a day-to-day basis.
- Train new workers in the organization's operating procedures and standards.
- Prepare production reports so that performance problems can be identified and resolved.
Depending on specific area or department of responsibility, additional scope may include:
- Injection Molding– Working knowledge of all levels of IM operators, plus knowledge of setting up process for new molds. Will take a process from concept and build it completely. Routinely start the mold change programs and start the full line process.
- Concrete Operations – Working knowledge of all levels of CP operators.
- May supervise night shifts depending on assigned facility.
- Recycle Center – Working knowledge of the extruder machine and processes.
- Responsible for effectively running the gamma and DS lines.
- Wagner-Devco - Working knowledge of all products and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for achieving all plant safety goals and measures.
- Meet all quality expectations and stated goals.
- Meet or exceed all standard labor cost projections.
- Ensure the plant floor is maintained as neat and orderly, free of safety hazards.
- Selection of new employees, recruiting, hiring, and on boarding.
- Development and training of staff, schedule assignments and performance reviews.
- Accident review and prevention recommendations.
- Meet all plant wide OSHA requirements and report as needed.
- Build team environment, in which all team members work effectively together to achieve common goals
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high-volume environment, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Must be a proactive “self-starter” who can work well without supervision.
- Prior leadership experience, including a career progression with added responsibility over a period 7 years or more.
- Must be experienced in all areas of the production line supervised
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet or exceed job expectations.
- High school or GED, or additional 2-4 years of experience in lieu of education.
- Must have ability to use hands and fingers to complete tasks quickly and efficiently.
- In addition, must have the ability to move freely throughout the facility without physical limitation, and capacity to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., and have the ability to bend, stoop and reach.
Apply today and join our team!